The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that patients visit their dentist every six months to evaluate their oral health and developing needs.
During your child’s exam, our pediatric dentist will check your child’s teeth, jaw and oral tissues. Other items that will be addressed during your examination include:
- risk assessment for caries in mother and child
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
- Habit counseling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulae, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
- Digital X-rays, as needed
If you have any questions about our services, please contact us today at (760) 842-0888.